Can I get Private & Public Hire (IRE Small Public Service Vehicle Taxi, SPSV Taxi) insurance for my car/taxi/vehicle in Ireland?
Yes - We offer fully comprehensive SPSV insurance for Taxis in Ireland. You must be working for a TDORA or NPHTA company to qualify for our SPSV policy. Please see the article below for criteria, benefits and exclusions.
Insurance Type: Small Public Service Vehicle (SPSV)
Policy Types: 30 Day, Annual
Levels of Cover: Fully Comprehensive (Fully Comp, Comp)
- Age: 21-75
- Full IE, UK or EU licence
- Claims: 3 or fewer at fault claims.
- 3 Fault claims + 1 Non fault claim = decline.
- More than 5 any time of claim, decline.
- Driving convictions: up to 8 penalty points
- Vehicle value less than €65,000
- Vehicle engine size 3500cc or less (3.5L)
- Must be owner of vehicle
- Approved modifications allowed
- Republic of Ireland only
- The owner of the vehicle must be one of the following:
- Proposer/Policyholder - Individual
- Proposer/Policyholder - Company
- Vehicle Leasing Company (6 months or more)
- Vehicle Leasing Company (6 months or less)
- Includes SD&P and SPSV (small public service vehicle | Taxi private and public hire).
- Can work for TDORA/NPHTA + any other app/organisation
- €5 Million public liability included
- Windscreen Protection (repair excess €50)
- NCD Protection can be added (must have min 3 years NCD to apply) additional 7% price cost
- Can be a rental vehicle
- Excess €400
- MUST WORK FOR TDORA or NPHTA companies
- Insured Only Driver on policy
- No breakdown insurance included
- Does not cover insured to drive other vehicles
- Does not cover loss of use of insured vehicle
- We can only speak to the policyholder/taxi firm (if the insured is not the policyholder we can’t
discuss pricing or send documents to them without permission of the policyholder/taxi firm)
Price: 30 Day £x-£x | Annual £x-£x. Price variable depending on multiple factors